Tuesday 31 July 2012

CUSTOM ORDERS

I have an issue at the moment. I closed my list for July and said to everyone who asked that I would have space for a few more in August, but lots of people preempted August and started putting in requests early. So now I realistically cannot take any more this month. I feel so bad about disappointing people, as everyone's support means so much to me, but I cannot think how to be fairer about this. If I have too many custom orders it takes up too much of my time and I cannot make new things to put in the shop, and then some people only want one thing, while others ask for four items. What is the best thing to do?

Feedback greatly appreciated,

Hilary and her busy elves xx

2 comments:

erica fustero said...

I feel your pain! As I had the very same problem with custom dolls.
People will give you thousand reasons and no one will be better or fairer than the other.
In the end, the best thing you can do is trust your instincts and do what feels better for you, no matter what people think :-)

inkygirl said...

Thanks so much Erica, it has been hard work this week and I was inundated with requests. I have come up with a plan though which I hope will give me space to carry on having time to be creative and allow a few custom orders. Hugs to you xx